After other Cardinals rookies hazed, Jonathan Cooper thinks his teammates will take it easy on him
The long hair of Cardinals first-round draft pick Jonathan Cooper was absolved of the damage, so far at least.
The 6-foot-2, 311-pound offensive lineman said he's looking for his teammates to stay away from his dreads.
"I think they're courteous enough not to shave my head after five years of growing my hair," the North Carolina product said Thursday.
Call it whichever you want: Respect for his hairstyle or respect for his high draft status. However, Cooper said, Cardinals veterans may get to him in other ways.
"If they want to shave my eyebrows, dye it blonde or do some funny facial hair, that's fine," he said. "I mean, it's all in good fun and everybody's had to go through it, so it's no big deal."
Andrew Gilstrap, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.