Patrick Peterson working to 'mix up' his game, looking forward to more wins
He made the Pro Bowl both seasons. This summer, ESPN's Herm Edwards, in an Insider piece, ranked Peterson as the top young cornerback in the league.
It would seem as if the former Louisiana State standout has it all figured out in the pros. But, with the Arizona Cardinals in the midst of training camp, Peterson said he still has skills yet to be sharpened.
"I want to kind of mix up my game a little bit and show the receivers and quarterbacks different looks," Peterson said. "I want to be able to see the whole field now, and read the quarterback a little bit. I want to stop playing with my back to the quarterback."
Peterson said he's also eager to return to the winning ways he had in college. Individual accomplishments aside, the Cardinals' struggles the past two seasons made for a difficult ride, he said.
He sounds more optimistic about the team based on what he's seen in practice and training camp thus far.
"I believe we're a much better ball club, on both sides of the field," Peterson said of this year's squad. "If we can continue playing with relentless effort, full speed, I believe we'll be a pretty good ball club and defense as well."
Andrew Gilstrap, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Report: Cardinals LB John Abraham arrested, charged with DUI in Georgia in June
- Notes from the Nest: July 28, 2014
- Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper: 'I felt OK' after first practice with pads
- Cardinals WR Michael Floyd on 2014 training camp: 'Everything comes faster'
- Teddy Williams looking to make Arizona Cardinals as a cornerback
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.