Patrick Peterson working to 'mix up' his game, looking forward to more wins
He made the Pro Bowl both seasons. This summer, ESPN's Herm Edwards, in an Insider piece, ranked Peterson as the top young cornerback in the league.
It would seem as if the former Louisiana State standout has it all figured out in the pros. But, with the Arizona Cardinals in the midst of training camp, Peterson said he still has skills yet to be sharpened.
"I want to kind of mix up my game a little bit and show the receivers and quarterbacks different looks," Peterson said. "I want to be able to see the whole field now, and read the quarterback a little bit. I want to stop playing with my back to the quarterback."
Peterson said he's also eager to return to the winning ways he had in college. Individual accomplishments aside, the Cardinals' struggles the past two seasons made for a difficult ride, he said.
He sounds more optimistic about the team based on what he's seen in practice and training camp thus far.
"I believe we're a much better ball club, on both sides of the field," Peterson said of this year's squad. "If we can continue playing with relentless effort, full speed, I believe we'll be a pretty good ball club and defense as well."
Andrew Gilstrap, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals look to continue success against AFC South teams
- Arizona Cardinals sign Orhian Johnson to practice squad
- Arizona Cardinals' John Abraham named NFC Defensive Player of the Week
- Warner: Palmer's 'confidence in his playmakers' leading to turnaround
- Cardinals place Mathieu on season-ending IR
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up