Updated Jun 20, 2013 - 2:43 pm
Palmer and Fitzgerald, NFL's best new duo?
In total, he has been on the receiving end of touchdown passes by 11 different passers, some of whom (John Navarre, Richard Bartel, Brian St. Pierre, Max Hall) were never really heard from again.
Odds are Carson Palmer will be quarterback number 12 on the list, as Arizona's new signal caller is expected to stabilize the position and hopefully give the Cardinals a QB/WR combination similar to when No. 13 was under center.
And as far as former NFL player and current NFL Network analyst LaDanian Tomlinson is concerned, the Palmer to Fitz duo is the best new one formed this past offseason.
"You think about what Larry did last year with who's who of quarterbacks," LT said, noting his stats. "You take on top of that, you look at what Carson Palmer did in Oakland. Still 4,000 yards passing, 61 percent completion percentage, that's very productive."
Tomlinson added that combined with new coach Bruce Arians, who has a reputation for getting the most out of his offenses, and you have the recipe for a dynamic combination.
"I think they're going to have a big year together," he said.
The Cardinals and their fans can only hope.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!