Updated May 14, 2013 - 2:12 pm
Daryl Washington speaks following Cardinals OTAs
After the workout, Washington spoke with reporters, but steered away from questions about his legal matters.
"I really can't talk about that right now, I'm pretty much limited on what I've got to say," Washington said. "I'm going to let my attorney do his job and go from there."
Washington, who led the Cardinals with 140 total tackles and nine sacks, was glad to be on the field Tuesday.
"Obviously there's an unfortunate situation, but all I can do right now is come out here and work as hard as I can and let everything else play out," he said.
Prior to the arrest, Washington was suspended by the NFL for the first four games of the 2013 regular season for a violation of the league's substance abuse policy. Washington is hopeful that his latest run-in with the law won't lead to further discipline against him.
"I try not to think about that, I hope not," he said. "I just want to come out here and play football and bring positive attention to the organization."
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.