Updated May 14, 2013 - 2:12 pm
Daryl Washington speaks following Cardinals OTAs
After the workout, Washington spoke with reporters, but steered away from questions about his legal matters.
"I really can't talk about that right now, I'm pretty much limited on what I've got to say," Washington said. "I'm going to let my attorney do his job and go from there."
Washington, who led the Cardinals with 140 total tackles and nine sacks, was glad to be on the field Tuesday.
"Obviously there's an unfortunate situation, but all I can do right now is come out here and work as hard as I can and let everything else play out," he said.
Prior to the arrest, Washington was suspended by the NFL for the first four games of the 2013 regular season for a violation of the league's substance abuse policy. Washington is hopeful that his latest run-in with the law won't lead to further discipline against him.
"I try not to think about that, I hope not," he said. "I just want to come out here and play football and bring positive attention to the organization."
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.