Updated May 14, 2013 - 2:12 pm
Daryl Washington speaks following Cardinals OTAs
After the workout, Washington spoke with reporters, but steered away from questions about his legal matters.
"I really can't talk about that right now, I'm pretty much limited on what I've got to say," Washington said. "I'm going to let my attorney do his job and go from there."
Washington, who led the Cardinals with 140 total tackles and nine sacks, was glad to be on the field Tuesday.
"Obviously there's an unfortunate situation, but all I can do right now is come out here and work as hard as I can and let everything else play out," he said.
Prior to the arrest, Washington was suspended by the NFL for the first four games of the 2013 regular season for a violation of the league's substance abuse policy. Washington is hopeful that his latest run-in with the law won't lead to further discipline against him.
"I try not to think about that, I hope not," he said. "I just want to come out here and play football and bring positive attention to the organization."
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Fox Sports NFL insider: 'Player's coach' Arians makes Arizona Cardinals a prime destination
- ESPN writer: John Carlson signing risky for Cardinals, but worth the reward
- Darnell Dockett tweets that Branden Albert is 'new teammate'
- Arizona Cardinals 2014 Free Agent Headquarters
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!