Updated Apr 29, 2013 - 3:07 pm
Arizona Cardinals release guard Adam Snyder
Though he signed a five-year, $17.5 million contract with the team, his tenure in the Valley did not last long.
The Cardinals, who drafted North Carolina guard Jonathan Cooper in the first round last Thursday, announced Monday they have released the veteran, likely clearing room for the rookie.
No surprise Cardinals released Adam Snyder. Our 2nd lowest ranked RG last year.— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) April 29, 2013
The Cardinals are also going to save a little bit of money.
Cardinals save $2.9M in 2013 salary by releasing Snyder. Can defer 3/4 of $4M in dead money to 2014 if they choose.— Mike Sando, ESPN.com (@espn_nfcwest) April 29, 2013
Snyder, who started 14 games for the team, struggled with injuries and was not all that effective when on the field. He spent time at both right guard and center.
- Arizona Cardinals' Bobby Massie eager to earn back starting job at right tackle
- A 'confident' Andre Ellington excited about increased role with Arizona Cardinals
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Fighting not tolerated in Cardinals camp
- Antonio Cromartie: Arizona Cardinals ‘most talented secondary' he has been a part of
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Bobby Massie in 'best shape of his career'
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.