Updated Apr 29, 2013 - 3:07 pm
Arizona Cardinals release guard Adam Snyder
Though he signed a five-year, $17.5 million contract with the team, his tenure in the Valley did not last long.
The Cardinals, who drafted North Carolina guard Jonathan Cooper in the first round last Thursday, announced Monday they have released the veteran, likely clearing room for the rookie.
No surprise Cardinals released Adam Snyder. Our 2nd lowest ranked RG last year.— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) April 29, 2013
The Cardinals are also going to save a little bit of money.
Cardinals save $2.9M in 2013 salary by releasing Snyder. Can defer 3/4 of $4M in dead money to 2014 if they choose.— Mike Sando, ESPN.com (@espn_nfcwest) April 29, 2013
Snyder, who started 14 games for the team, struggled with injuries and was not all that effective when on the field. He spent time at both right guard and center.
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.