Updated Apr 28, 2013 - 7:41 am
CBSSports.com NFL writer: Cardinals GM Keim a big winner in 2013 NFL Draft
And lucky for Keim, CBSSports.com NFL writer Will Brinson didn't wait long to dish out the first form of flattery.
In his "2013 NFL Draft: Winners and Losers" column, Brinson wrote that Keim "killed it" throughout the three days by adding talent and depth at positions of need for the Cardinals.
Steve Keim: It ain't easy being the Cardinals right now, with the Seahawks, Rams and 49ers all looking like potential division winners in the NFC West. But give credit where credit is due to the first-year GM in Arizona, because Keim did a superb job during his first full draft on the gig.
Jonathan Cooper is going to end up, when all is said and done, as one of the five best players in this draft. He'll be a perennial Pro Bowl candidate and will immediately help the Cards' offensive line. Stepfan Taylor and Andre Ellington are a very interesting pair of running backs to add to the stable and two guys that fit the new-age idea of what a running back should be. Alex Okafor looks like a steal in the third, and I'm a big fan of the LSU pair of Mathieu and Kevin Minter and what they'll bring to the defense. It's an uphill climb in a loaded division, but Keim and Bruce Arians made some serious strides for the Cardinals this offseason.
What was also rather impressive about the Cardinals' draft was Keim's ability to take quality leaders. While Tyrann Mathieu's missteps at LSU are no secret at this point, all nine draft picks at one time or another were captains. Seven of the nine were also four-year players.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Report: Cardinals LB John Abraham arrested, charged with DUI in Georgia in June
- Notes from the Nest: July 28, 2014
- Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper: 'I felt OK' after first practice with pads
- Cardinals WR Michael Floyd on 2014 training camp: 'Everything comes faster'
- Teddy Williams looking to make Arizona Cardinals as a cornerback
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.