Updated Apr 22, 2013 - 1:33 pm
Five with Fitz: Talking Carson Palmer, MMA and softball
That was the response from Larry Fitzgerald when I texted him with an inquiry -- any chance he might be available for an edition of our offseason tradition "Five with Fitz" via text message?
So, here we go, from cell phone to cell phone to this printed piece of cyberspace…
Question 1 - "Do u have a favorite Draft day memory or funny story from 2004 when u were the #3 pick overall?"
Larry Fitzgerald: "I was asked to come to New York. They wanted me to come out bad but I had lost my mother a few months prior to it, so I wanted to be close to my family and friends. So we rented out a room at the downtown Chicago Hilton and celebrated together. It was the best. All of my grandparents and I will always remember that experience."
Question 2 - "What are your early takeaways from working with Carson Palmer so far?"
Larry Fitzgerald: "A cerebral guy who really wants to play at a high level and win. It's fun working with a quarterback of his pedigree. I'm excited as are my teammates about the opportunity we have with him and also Coach B.A."
Question 3 - "How much respect do u have for MMA guys? If u could be a 2-sport athlete, would u start training with Benson Henderson?!"
Larry Fitzgerald: "I love MMA. It's one of my favorite sports. Such tough hard working guys. You have to be so mentally and physically tough to compete. Benson is a special human being who happens to be a champion. I would love to train with those guys, but I have no desire at all to be in the octagon."
Question 4: "For newcomers to #FitzSoftball…whatz it all about?"
Larry Fitzgerald: "It's a family event that raises proceeds for worthy causes to support people in need. There will be fan engagement and plenty of autograph opportunities." Click here for information.
Question 5: "Can u give us a highlight that still resonates from your offseason travels?"
Larry Fitzgerald: "Standing on an iceberg in Antarctica."
Paul Calvisi, Morning Sports Anchor - 92.3 KTAR/Arizona Sports 620
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Despite interest from Cardinals, linebacker James Harrison retires
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians: Logan Thomas as expected, has 'a good future'
- Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians confirms James Harrison interest
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.