Updated Apr 22, 2013 - 1:33 pm
Five with Fitz: Talking Carson Palmer, MMA and softball
That was the response from Larry Fitzgerald when I texted him with an inquiry -- any chance he might be available for an edition of our offseason tradition "Five with Fitz" via text message?
So, here we go, from cell phone to cell phone to this printed piece of cyberspace…
Question 1 - "Do u have a favorite Draft day memory or funny story from 2004 when u were the #3 pick overall?"
Larry Fitzgerald: "I was asked to come to New York. They wanted me to come out bad but I had lost my mother a few months prior to it, so I wanted to be close to my family and friends. So we rented out a room at the downtown Chicago Hilton and celebrated together. It was the best. All of my grandparents and I will always remember that experience."
Question 2 - "What are your early takeaways from working with Carson Palmer so far?"
Larry Fitzgerald: "A cerebral guy who really wants to play at a high level and win. It's fun working with a quarterback of his pedigree. I'm excited as are my teammates about the opportunity we have with him and also Coach B.A."
Question 3 - "How much respect do u have for MMA guys? If u could be a 2-sport athlete, would u start training with Benson Henderson?!"
Larry Fitzgerald: "I love MMA. It's one of my favorite sports. Such tough hard working guys. You have to be so mentally and physically tough to compete. Benson is a special human being who happens to be a champion. I would love to train with those guys, but I have no desire at all to be in the octagon."
Question 4: "For newcomers to #FitzSoftball…whatz it all about?"
Larry Fitzgerald: "It's a family event that raises proceeds for worthy causes to support people in need. There will be fan engagement and plenty of autograph opportunities." Click here for information.
Question 5: "Can u give us a highlight that still resonates from your offseason travels?"
Larry Fitzgerald: "Standing on an iceberg in Antarctica."
Paul Calvisi, Morning Sports Anchor - 92.3 KTAR/Arizona Sports 620
- CBS Sports' Prisco: Re-signing Karlos Dansby not imperative for Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals re-sign NT Alameda Ta'amu
- Arizona Cardinals hire former Olympic runner Roger Kingdom as assistant trainer
- Jay Feely sounds off on proposed extra point changes
- Kicker Jay Feely wants to be back with Arizona Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!