Updated Apr 1, 2013 - 4:09 pm
Cardinals release QB John Skelton
Now he's been released.
The quarterback after three seasons with the team.
Skelton was named the starter coming out of training camp last season, but suffered an ankle injury in a Week 1 win over the Seattle Seahawks. His replacement, Kevin Kolb, went on to have success with the team, but an injury cut his season short and gave Skelton another shot at the job.
He didn't fare well, finishing the season with just two touchdown passes against nine interceptions.
Skelton tweeted about his release:
C'est la vie. Had some good times in AZ along with more than a few bad. On to the next endeavor.— John Skelton (@johnskelton19) April 1, 2013
Originally a fifth-round pick out of Fordham in 2010, Skelton started 17 games for the team. He compiled an 8-9 record while throwing for 3,707 yards, 15 touchdowns and 25 interceptions. He completed 53.2 percent of his passes.
The move leaves the Cardinals with Drew Stanton, Brian Hoyer and Ryan Lindley all under contract, though it is being reported the team is close to a deal that would land quarterback Carson Palmer from the Oakland Raiders.
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.