Updated Mar 19, 2013 - 9:45 am
Bruce Arians gives Drew Stanton a vote of confidence on NFL Network
With the NFL Owners Meetings going on at The Arizona Biltmore, anybody who's anybody in the league is in the Valley of the Sun.
New Arizona Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians sat down with the man he worked for last season, Indianapolis Colts head coach Chuck Pagano, in an interview with NFL Network.
And Arians answered the most pressing question about his team...what's going on with the quarterback position?
"We've got a very capable one in Drew Stanton we just happened to steal away from Chuck," Arians said. "Drew knows the offense, he's more than capable of doing it.
"If he's our guy, I'm comfortable."
Stanton signed a three-year deal with the Cardinals last week after spending a season in Indianapolis as Andrew Luck's backup. In five NFL seasons, Stanton has thrown for 1,158 yards and five touchdowns in 13 games.
But Arians didn't stop there in his assessment of his team.
"I really like the direction we're heading, we've got a great nucleus -- especially defensively, and I don't think our offensive line is nearly in the dire straits everybody thinks they are."
Of course, only time will tell, but Arians is spreading optimism about the Cardinals new-look roster moving forward.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up