Kevin Kolb: By the numbers
The decision to cut the 28-year-old quarterback came after Kolb's failure to perform when he was on the field.
Kolb's short tenure included unfulfilled expectations and question marks for a franchise expecting him to heal their post-Kurt Warner wounds.
But the quarterback would have wounds of his own to tend to.
In 2011, Kolb suffered a turf-toe injury against the Baltimore Ravens in Week 8, resulting in a four-game absence. Kolb would eventually return in Week 13 before suffering his second concussion in two years against the 49ers the following week.
Kolb started 2012 second on the depth chart, losing the starting quarterback position to John Skelton in the preseason.
However, when Skelton went down in Week 1, Kolb stepped in and led the team to a win. The Cardinals would go on to win three of their next four games with Kolb under center, and things were looking up for the quarterback.
But in Week 6, disaster would strike again in the form of a season-ending rib injury.
Little did Kolb know that Buffalo would be the last team he would face wearing a Cardinals jersey.
Games played: 15 w/ 14 starts
Completions (%): 255 for 436 (58.5)
Fumbles: 9 (7 in 2011)
Sacks: 57 (30 in 2011, 27 in 2012)
QB Rating: 83.2
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.