Updated Mar 15, 2013 - 2:22 pm
Kevin Kolb: By the numbers
The decision to cut the 28-year-old quarterback came after Kolb's failure to perform when he was on the field.
Kolb's short tenure included unfulfilled expectations and question marks for a franchise expecting him to heal their post-Kurt Warner wounds.
But the quarterback would have wounds of his own to tend to.
In 2011, Kolb suffered a turf-toe injury against the Baltimore Ravens in Week 8, resulting in a four-game absence. Kolb would eventually return in Week 13 before suffering his second concussion in two years against the 49ers the following week.
Kolb started 2012 second on the depth chart, losing the starting quarterback position to John Skelton in the preseason.
However, when Skelton went down in Week 1, Kolb stepped in and led the team to a win. The Cardinals would go on to win three of their next four games with Kolb under center, and things were looking up for the quarterback.
But in Week 6, disaster would strike again in the form of a season-ending rib injury.
Little did Kolb know that Buffalo would be the last team he would face wearing a Cardinals jersey.
Games played: 15 w/ 14 starts
Completions (%): 255 for 436 (58.5)
Fumbles: 9 (7 in 2011)
Sacks: 57 (30 in 2011, 27 in 2012)
QB Rating: 83.2
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!