Updated Mar 15, 2013 - 2:22 pm
Kevin Kolb: By the numbers
The decision to cut the 28-year-old quarterback came after Kolb's failure to perform when he was on the field.
Kolb's short tenure included unfulfilled expectations and question marks for a franchise expecting him to heal their post-Kurt Warner wounds.
But the quarterback would have wounds of his own to tend to.
In 2011, Kolb suffered a turf-toe injury against the Baltimore Ravens in Week 8, resulting in a four-game absence. Kolb would eventually return in Week 13 before suffering his second concussion in two years against the 49ers the following week.
Kolb started 2012 second on the depth chart, losing the starting quarterback position to John Skelton in the preseason.
However, when Skelton went down in Week 1, Kolb stepped in and led the team to a win. The Cardinals would go on to win three of their next four games with Kolb under center, and things were looking up for the quarterback.
But in Week 6, disaster would strike again in the form of a season-ending rib injury.
Little did Kolb know that Buffalo would be the last team he would face wearing a Cardinals jersey.
Games played: 15 w/ 14 starts
Completions (%): 255 for 436 (58.5)
Fumbles: 9 (7 in 2011)
Sacks: 57 (30 in 2011, 27 in 2012)
QB Rating: 83.2
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up