Updated Mar 15, 2013 - 2:22 pm
Kevin Kolb: By the numbers
The decision to cut the 28-year-old quarterback came after Kolb's failure to perform when he was on the field.
Kolb's short tenure included unfulfilled expectations and question marks for a franchise expecting him to heal their post-Kurt Warner wounds.
But the quarterback would have wounds of his own to tend to.
In 2011, Kolb suffered a turf-toe injury against the Baltimore Ravens in Week 8, resulting in a four-game absence. Kolb would eventually return in Week 13 before suffering his second concussion in two years against the 49ers the following week.
Kolb started 2012 second on the depth chart, losing the starting quarterback position to John Skelton in the preseason.
However, when Skelton went down in Week 1, Kolb stepped in and led the team to a win. The Cardinals would go on to win three of their next four games with Kolb under center, and things were looking up for the quarterback.
But in Week 6, disaster would strike again in the form of a season-ending rib injury.
Little did Kolb know that Buffalo would be the last team he would face wearing a Cardinals jersey.
Games played: 15 w/ 14 starts
Completions (%): 255 for 436 (58.5)
Fumbles: 9 (7 in 2011)
Sacks: 57 (30 in 2011, 27 in 2012)
QB Rating: 83.2
- Arizona Cardinals to host Big Red Rib & Music Festival
- Arizona Cardinals' Daryl Washington now has a two-strike count on him
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Alabama QB A.J. McCarron
- Arizona Cardinals LB Daryl Washington sentenced to probation
- Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald excited about team's offensive additions
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?