Updated Mar 15, 2013 - 2:22 pm
Kevin Kolb: By the numbers
The decision to cut the 28-year-old quarterback came after Kolb's failure to perform when he was on the field.
Kolb's short tenure included unfulfilled expectations and question marks for a franchise expecting him to heal their post-Kurt Warner wounds.
But the quarterback would have wounds of his own to tend to.
In 2011, Kolb suffered a turf-toe injury against the Baltimore Ravens in Week 8, resulting in a four-game absence. Kolb would eventually return in Week 13 before suffering his second concussion in two years against the 49ers the following week.
Kolb started 2012 second on the depth chart, losing the starting quarterback position to John Skelton in the preseason.
However, when Skelton went down in Week 1, Kolb stepped in and led the team to a win. The Cardinals would go on to win three of their next four games with Kolb under center, and things were looking up for the quarterback.
But in Week 6, disaster would strike again in the form of a season-ending rib injury.
Little did Kolb know that Buffalo would be the last team he would face wearing a Cardinals jersey.
Games played: 15 w/ 14 starts
Completions (%): 255 for 436 (58.5)
Fumbles: 9 (7 in 2011)
Sacks: 57 (30 in 2011, 27 in 2012)
QB Rating: 83.2
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington 'physically ready for that pounding' he expects this season
- Reunited with Bruce Arians, Arizona Cardinals tackle Max Starks looking forward to new challenges
- All-Access with Arians: Jobs still up for grabs, cuts will be difficult
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.