Updated Mar 15, 2013 - 4:03 pm
Arizona Cardinals sign CB Antoine Cason
Philadelphiaeagles.com writer Adam Caplan is reporting the deal is for $1.5 million that includes $500,000 in incentives, meaning Cason could earn up to $2 million in 2013.
Cason joins Jerraud Powers, who agreed to terms Wednesday, as new cornerbacks on the roster.
Cason, 26, starred at the University of Arizona before becoming a first round pick of the Chargers in 2008.
His entire five-year career has been spent in San Diego, with Cason tallying 308 combined tackles to go along with 12 interceptions.
Most recently, in 2012, Cason was in on 73 tackles, forced two fumbles, picked off two passes and had 11 passes defensed.
In college, as a senior, Carson was named a consensus First-Team All-American won the Jim Thorpe Award, which is given to the best defensive back in the country.
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians: Logan Thomas as expected, has 'a good future'
- Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians confirms James Harrison interest
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians on Tyrann Mathieu's progress: 'We'll see how he tackles'
- Report: Bengals cornerback fined for hit on Arizona Cardinals' Ted Ginn
- Arizona Cardinals preseason: By The Numbers
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.