Updated Mar 9, 2013 - 11:13 am
Report: Arizona Cardinals to release wide receiver Early Doucet
According to Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic, releasing Doucet, 27, will help the team save $1.7 million as it heads into free agency.
In five years with the Cardinals, the former LSU standout had 139 catches for 1,491 yards and seven touchdowns.
While Doucet had a breakout year in 2011 (54 catches and five touchdowns), his production level dropped this past season due to the emergence of Floyd and Roberts.
Doucet was selected by the Cardinals in the third round of the 2008 NFL Draft.
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.