Updated Mar 8, 2013 - 12:09 pm
End of an era
This man's career will be defined by his willingness and aptitude of playing in the box while still making plays in the secondary. His 5 Pro Bowls stand as testament to how productive he was as a player. He was a vicious tackler, and his 25.5 sacks and 27 interceptions make him one of six people in the history of the league to have 25 sacks and 25 interceptions. One of six human beings…
The Cardinals are saying goodbye to an era. Kurt Warner is gone, Anquan Boldin is gone, Ken Whisenhunt is gone and now Adrian Wilson is gone. The stuff of Super Bowls has become a motivating memory and a point of pride within the organization, but they recognize they're a long way from Super Bowl XLIII.
This was a move the Cardinals had to make, unfortunately. Steve Keim is putting his stamp on this team and has already saved over $10 million on the salary cap. The team needs to be rebuilt around its youth, a core group is being reestablished, and all good things must come to an end.
Adrian wasn't surprised by this and he won't be surprised when the Cardinals lift his 24 jersey into the rafters above the Red Sea at University of Phoenix Stadium.
Well done, Gasman…well done, indeed.
Ron Wolfley, Co-host of Doug & Wolf
- Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald excited about team's offensive additions
- Larry Fitzgerald celebrity softball game this Saturday
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- Arizona Cardinals' Terry McDonough: Emotion not a good tool for evaluating draft talent
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?