Updated Mar 8, 2013 - 12:09 pm
End of an era
This man's career will be defined by his willingness and aptitude of playing in the box while still making plays in the secondary. His 5 Pro Bowls stand as testament to how productive he was as a player. He was a vicious tackler, and his 25.5 sacks and 27 interceptions make him one of six people in the history of the league to have 25 sacks and 25 interceptions. One of six human beings…
The Cardinals are saying goodbye to an era. Kurt Warner is gone, Anquan Boldin is gone, Ken Whisenhunt is gone and now Adrian Wilson is gone. The stuff of Super Bowls has become a motivating memory and a point of pride within the organization, but they recognize they're a long way from Super Bowl XLIII.
This was a move the Cardinals had to make, unfortunately. Steve Keim is putting his stamp on this team and has already saved over $10 million on the salary cap. The team needs to be rebuilt around its youth, a core group is being reestablished, and all good things must come to an end.
Adrian wasn't surprised by this and he won't be surprised when the Cardinals lift his 24 jersey into the rafters above the Red Sea at University of Phoenix Stadium.
Well done, Gasman…well done, indeed.
Ron Wolfley, Co-host of Doug & Wolf
- Arizona Cardinals' coach expects 'questionable' Carson Palmer to play Sunday vs. St. Louis Rams
- Michael Floyd: A threat Arizona Cardinals have not had since Anquan Boldin
- Arizona Cardinals' OC: Rashard Mendenhall 'back to what I remember' from Pittsburgh
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 5
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely feels a responsibility to help others
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?