Updated Feb 11, 2013 - 6:52 pm
Flagstaff training camp up in the air for Cardinals
The cooler weather, beautiful setting and accommodations from Northern Arizona University have made it an ideal setting.
Yet, the Cardinals may be moving camp somewhere else in 2013.
"We're talking to the city of Flagstaff, NAU, the city of Glendale," Bidwill told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Monday. "We're not ready to make a decision at this stage, but we're probably weeks away and when we do I'm sure you guys will be reporting it right away."
That much is true, it will be reported.
At any rate, Bidwill said it's no secret that the team has discussed the possibility with Glendale, which would point to camp being held at University of Phoenix Stadium.
But, Bidwill cautioned, there is still plenty that needs to be worked out before moving camp to Glendale would become a reality.
Until then it's only a possibility, which only came about because NAU has made some changes.
"We're in a situation where -- and the same thing up in Flagstaff, they made some adjustments," Bidwill said. "They smartly made the decision to open up their premium locker room to move us back into, because a couple of years ago they moved it out and that was a terribly bad decision."
Bidwill said that decision led the team to re-evaluate having camp in Flagstaff, and added he understands how important it is for the city's economy that the team hold camp up north.
"We recognize that; it's an important football training activity for us plus an important fan development activity for us and so we needed to have those conversations with them," he said. "So I think here in the coming weeks we should probably have a decision not too far from now."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Friday August 22Michael Bidwill discusses preparing for the Super Bowl without the help of the City of Glendale.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.