Updated Jan 28, 2013 - 3:36 pm
Patrick Peterson mentors former LSU star Tyrann Mathieu
The LSU Tiger defensive back registered 76 total tackles, 7.5 tackles for loss and intercepted two passes. But he also showed a nose for the end zone -- scoring four touchdowns on punt returns and fumble returns for the BCS runner up. He won the Bednarik Award as the nation's best defensive player and was a finalist for the Heisman Trophy.
In 2012, Mathieu made headlines off the football field. LSU head coach Les Miles suspended the junior-to-be for a violation of team rules. Rumors floated that Mathieu would transfer to another school to continue his collegiate football career, but he did not. Mathieu was arrested for possession of marijuana last October.
Mathieu opted to make himself eligible for the NFL Draft, and is in Arizona training for the event with a former college teammate -- two-time Cardinals Pro Bowler Patrick Peterson.
Yahoo! Sports chronicled the work Peterson is doing with Mathieu for a video called "Outside the Game."
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.