Updated Jan 17, 2013 - 9:56 am
Report: Arizona Cardinals, Bruce Arians had dinner Wednesday night
ESPN's Adam Schefter tweeted Arians and the Cardinals had dinner and then continued talks about the coaching vacancy Thursday.
Colts OC Bruce Arians is having dinner in Arizona tonight with Cardinals officials and will continue interviewing with them Thursday.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 17, 2013
NFL.com insider Ian Rapoport was the first to report Wednesday that Indianapolis Colts offensive coordinator Bruce Arians, who was a finalist for the Chicago Bears opening that has since been filled by Marc Trestman, would visit with Arizona on Thursday.
Arians was the Indianapolis Colts' offensive coordinator this past season, though he was the team's head coach for 12 games while Chuck Pagano was battling leukemia. The Colts went 9-3 under Arians.
Before this season, though, Arians was the offensive coordinator for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Now 60, he helped the team reach two Super Bowls -- winning one -- and was a favorite of quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.
Arians will follow Ray Horton, Jay Gruden, Todd Haley and Darrell Bevell as candidates who have interviewed with the team in the Valley.
- Arizona Cardinals' OC: Rashard Mendenhall 'back to what I remember' from Pittsburgh
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 5
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely feels a responsibility to help others
- Arizona Cardinals' O-line faces familiar challenge in St. Louis Rams' Robert Quinn
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.