Updated Jan 9, 2013 - 1:18 pm
Conflicting reports on Todd Haley's future
Wednesday morning, Ian Rapoport of NFL.com reported that the Arizona Cardinals had requested to interview Pittsburgh Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley for their head coaching job, but Haley was happy with his job, and didn't want to go anywhere else.
Hours later, Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette tweeted this:
Rapoport also tweeted a quote from Haley's agent, Jerome Stanley.
From Jerome Stanley, Todd Haley's agent: "The report is wrong. I stand by my statement. Period. You can report that!" Saying no interview— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) January 9, 2013
And then had a short commentary on Bouchette's report.
So, which is it? There has been no comment from any Cardinals personnel.
Arizona has been seeking a head coach since December 31, when they fired Ken Whisenhunt following a 5-11 season.
Haley served as the Cardinals offensive coordinator from 2007 to 2008.
Defensive coordinator Ray Horton has interviewed for the job, as has Denver Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy. Cincinnati Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden is scheduled to be interviewed later this week.
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.