Updated Dec 31, 2012 - 8:54 pm
Report: Three teams set to interview Ray Horton for head coaching vacancy
The interest makes plenty of sense, after all, Arizona's defense under Horton in 2012 was near the top of the league in passing defense and turnovers forced.
Seven NFL teams on "Black Monday" fired their respective head coaches, including the Arizona Cardinals, and Horton's name has been linked to several of them.
Monday night, CBS NFL Insider Jason La Canfora tweeted this about Horton's potential suitors:
Cards defensive coordinator Ray Horton will interview with the Bills, Browns and, well, the Cards. 3 teams so far— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) January 1, 2013
The Bills have a connection to Horton, in that Director of Pro Personnel Doug Whaley spent considerable time with him in Pittsburgh. While the Browns have no direct ties to Arizona's defensive coordinator, Horton proved he can help shut down AFC North offenses as an assistant defensive coordinator to Dick LeBeau with the Steelers.
He also has NFL experience in the division, as he spent six seasons as a cornerback with the Cincinnati Bengals (1983-1988).
- Dave Pasch, voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Wednesday March 12Dave Pasch explains what it is like to work with Bill Walton.
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.