Updated Dec 30, 2012 - 12:27 pm
Report: Cardinals' Jason Licht could become next GM in Jacksonville
However in a 24-hour news cycle, those moves are often announced a few days earlier.
On Sunday, ESPN Insider Adam Schefter tweeted that the Jacksonville Jaguars intend to relieve GM Gene Smith of his duties following Sunday's season finale. Schefter also went on to say that one of Smith's two potential replacements is Jason Licht, the Director of Player Personnel for the Arizona Cardinals.
Licht is currently in his second stint with the Cardinals. In 2008, he served as a personnel executive with the team before leaving for the New England Patriots (2009-11) to take over as their Director of Pro Personnel.
He returned to Arizona in May 2012.
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim: 'I'm never done' building the roster
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?