Updated Dec 27, 2012 - 11:03 am
Good riddance, Beanie Wells
You see, after your comments regarding your future -- or lack of future -- in Arizona, I think it is best to cut ties with you now and I can only hope that Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt agrees and sits your ass as an inactive for Sunday's game against the 49ers. You see if all you really want to do is showcase yourself, then you are a selfish player who has no business putting on that Cardinals uniform this weekend.
I would've much rather you taken the blame for your ridiculous fumble that gave Chicago seven points on Sunday, took the blame for another lousy year and that awful 2.7 yards per carry average.
Maybe you should have said how you are looking forward to ending the season on a good note with a win against your division rival. Maybe you should have just taken the high road. But what we get out of your comments is that you really don't care about winning the football game or helping the offense get out of this season-long slump. Nothing about taking some of the load off of Brian Hoyer making his first start as a Cardinal. Nothing about having some pride. No, your comments display just how selfish you really are.
I wish the Cardinals could have been more selfish and asked for some of the money back that you stole from them since you were their first-round pick in 2009. So what did the Cardinals get out of the four years of Beanie Wells -- a lousy 2,471 yards rushing, 24 touchdowns, 10 fumbles and one season in which you were able to play 16 games.
You were so good, Beanie, that the Cardinals had to use a second round pick just two years after drafting you on another running back because you weren't panning out. If you were any good they could have used that pick on other needs -- and trust me, they have plenty of them.
So go take your ball and go home, but be careful not to drop it like you did Sunday.
Oh, and one more thing...don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
- Patrick Peterson becomes highest paid CB, Richard Sherman has something to say (tweet)
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Patrick Peterson's new contract compared to other top NFL cornerbacks
- Notes from the Nest: July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals, Patrick Peterson agree on extension
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b