Updated Dec 27, 2012 - 10:46 am
Cardinals offensive lineman calls out lazy football website
It was an interesting headline given the subject matter, since the Arizona Cardinals could use a quarterback and it appears Smith will not be a member of the San Francisco 49ers much longer.
The story is an aggregated piece from a story written for the Sacramento Bee, which carried the headline "Alex Smith in Arizona? Snyder likes that idea".
Snyder, who left the 49ers for the Cardinals last offseason, was quoted as saying:
"If someone asked me about him, I would tell them exactly what I thought," Snyder said on a conference call. "I think the guy's got unbelievable character, and I think he's a leader. Obviously, he and I came in together (in 2005). So I've got a special place for him."
"I just think that Alex worked for seven years to get to the position he was in," Snyder said. "He was 19-5 (in the past two seasons) and had the best QB rating in the league and was doing his job to win games, you know? I don't know. It was surprising to me. But, hey, they get paid to make those decisions, and that's the decision they went with."
Seems pretty innocuous, right? Snyder is sticking up for a former teammate who posted a 104.1 QB rating this season before being benched due to an injury. Would Smith be an upgrade for Arizona? Probably, but then again so would 90-percent of the NFL's quarterbacks.
At any rate, nothing Snyder said should be interpreted as him saying he wants Smith in Arizona, unless of course him not saying he wants Smith in Arizona is really his way of saying he wants Smith in Arizona.
But alas, it appears ProFootballTalk decided to take someone else's headline and run with it, completely disregarding the actual content of the article.
And for that, Snyder's Arizona teammate Daryn Colledge had a tweet for the world.
Colledge is simply asking what the rest of us would from reading the headline and then the article: Where in the story did Snyder say he wants Smith on the team?
The answer is he didn't.
- Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on schedule: NFL 'gave us a lot of respect'
- Arizona Cardinals' 2014 schedule released
- Arizona Cardinals to host Big Red Rib & Music Festival
- Arizona Cardinals' Daryl Washington now has a two-strike count on him
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Alabama QB A.J. McCarron
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.