Cardinals defense is rough on opposing QBs
His defense is hell on opposing quarterbacks.
ESPN.com's Mike Sando and ESPN Stats & Information crunched the numbers and the results are startling.
Of the 12 starting quarterbacks the Cardinals have faced this season, nine of the them have performed substantially lower than their season standard based on ESPN's Total QBR statistic. Only Green Bay's Aaron Rodgers, San Francisco's Alex Smith and Miami's Ryan Tannehill have performed better against Arizona than their respective season marks.
The 12 primary quarterbacks Arizona has faced to this point in the season have combined to complete 54.5 percent of their passes with 16 touchdowns, 21 interceptions and a 33.3 Total QBR score against the Cardinals.
Those same quarterbacks have completed 62.8 percent of their passes with 212 touchdowns, 112 picks and a 61.2 QBR score against everyone else.
It'll be interesting to keep an eye on what Chicago quarterback Jay Cutler can do against a recharged Cardinals defense Sunday.
In case you're wondering, Cutler's Total QBR for the year is 49.5 with 17 touchdowns and 14 interceptions.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.