Updated Dec 19, 2012 - 4:02 pm
Cardinals hope home schedule ends on a high note
Despite enduring a nine-game losing streak this season and finishing well out of the playoff hunt, the players and coaches have always prided themselves on hard work and effort. According to head coach Ken Whisenhunt, that will be no different this weekend.
"Well, I mean I think where we are in this season, it's very important," he said. "You know I think we did a good job last week of getting back to playing the type of football we needed to against a good team and we gotta do that this week."
The win over the Detroit Lions last Sunday snapped Arizona's losing skid and gave the Cardinals just their fourth win at home this season.
"This will be a challenge with Chicago but you know it's important," Whisenhunt said. "I think playing at home, you gotta be good at home.
"For the most part we've been able to do that, although we've had our struggles this year, that's important to us."
Both the coaches and the players also emphasized that finishing on a good note at home is important for their fans. Through thick and thin, this fan base has come out and supported the Cardinals.
"The fans here are so great; they always support us," said veteran safety Kerry Rhodes. "Even last week was a sellout which is remarkable after the stretch we've been through. For us it's about getting better, improving on what we did last week and giving the fans something to cheer about."
Since moving into University of Phoenix Stadium before the 2006 season, the Cardinals hold a 36-22 home record, including postseason. If this week's game against the Bears is a sellout, it will be the team's 73rd straight in the building, including preseason games, too.
- CBS Sports' Prisco: Re-signing Karlos Dansby not imperative for Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals re-sign NT Alameda Ta'amu
- Arizona Cardinals hire former Olympic runner Roger Kingdom as assistant trainer
- Jay Feely sounds off on proposed extra point changes
- Kicker Jay Feely wants to be back with Arizona Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!