Updated Dec 14, 2012 - 5:24 pm
Whisenhunt: Hope entire team took Seattle loss 'personally'
Even as the Cardinals look to snap their nine-game losing streak Sunday against the Detroit Lions, questions still remain over went wrong a week ago.
When asked Friday about the beat down his team took in Seattle, Ken Whisenhunt didn't shy away from the topic.
"I hope we all took what happened last week personally, the whole team," Whisenhunt said. "That's unacceptable. You can't turn the ball over eight times and give up over 300 yards rushing."
While the Cardinals coach said the team has tried to move beyond the loss this week, in some ways Whisenhunt seemed to insinuate it should be used as a point of motivation the rest of the season.
"We moved on from [the loss]," said Whisenhunt. "But it's still about being professionals and doing what you're supposed to do."
Although the Cardinals have little to play for standings-wise over the next three weeks, Whisenhunt said he was encouraged about his team's energy level in practice this week.
"I felt good about [this week]," said Whisenhunt. "Guys worked, there was energy and they paid attention. Hopefully it will translate to playing well Sunday."
The Lions come into University of Phoenix Stadium Sunday losers of five straight since November 4. Like the Cardinals, Jim Schwartz's squad sits in last place in their division with a 4-9 record. However, Detroit's offense leads the league in passing yards per game (307.8).
- Free agent kicker Jay Feely announces he's re-signed with Arizona Cardinals
- NFL Draft '14: Six-round mock draft for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.