Updated Dec 13, 2012 - 5:01 pm
Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald staying positive despite skid
Fitzgerald, who earlier this season became the youngest player ever to reach the 700-reception plateau, has been conspicuously absent from the stat sheet during the Arizona Cardinals' nine-game losing streak.
The six-time Pro Bowler has seen his production fall victim to Arizona's shoddy quarterback play. Fitzgerald has caught just six passes for 67 yards over the last four weeks, despite being the targeted receiver on 37 passes over that time span. The continued struggles to get him the ball have taken their toll on the receiver.
"Certain days, I'm up, some days, I'm down," Fitzgerald said Thursday. "I'm human, I have my ups and downs but I try my best to be a professional every day in coming here to work and give my best."
During his career, Fitzgerald has had 67 games (including playoffs) where he's caught at least six passes for 67 yards, so it must be difficult to accept the fact that there is such difficulty for Cardinal quarterbacks to find him and get the ball in his hands. But the seasoned veteran is doing his best to stay focused and positive.
"It would be easy to hang your head and be disappointed but as a teammate, you can't do that," he said. "You've got to continue to keep practicing and working hard and trying to improve. So that's my mindset every day.
"I never feel sorry for myself. It is what it is. I can only control what I can control and that's my effort every single day."
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.