Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald staying positive despite skid
Fitzgerald, who earlier this season became the youngest player ever to reach the 700-reception plateau, has been conspicuously absent from the stat sheet during the Arizona Cardinals' nine-game losing streak.
The six-time Pro Bowler has seen his production fall victim to Arizona's shoddy quarterback play. Fitzgerald has caught just six passes for 67 yards over the last four weeks, despite being the targeted receiver on 37 passes over that time span. The continued struggles to get him the ball have taken their toll on the receiver.
"Certain days, I'm up, some days, I'm down," Fitzgerald said Thursday. "I'm human, I have my ups and downs but I try my best to be a professional every day in coming here to work and give my best."
During his career, Fitzgerald has had 67 games (including playoffs) where he's caught at least six passes for 67 yards, so it must be difficult to accept the fact that there is such difficulty for Cardinal quarterbacks to find him and get the ball in his hands. But the seasoned veteran is doing his best to stay focused and positive.
"It would be easy to hang your head and be disappointed but as a teammate, you can't do that," he said. "You've got to continue to keep practicing and working hard and trying to improve. So that's my mindset every day.
"I never feel sorry for myself. It is what it is. I can only control what I can control and that's my effort every single day."
- Bruce Arians and Charles Barkley in agreement on gay athlete issue
- Tyrann Mathieu making 'believers'
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals 26th in future power rankings
- Cardinals coach: As of now, Rashard Mendenhall is the starting running back
- Cardinals coach Bruce Arians on Daryl Washington: 'He's walking a very thin line'
- Impromptu Power Poll: Tim Tebow - Monday June 10Doug & Wolf's top 5 reasons why the Patriots signed Tim Tebow.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br