Updated Dec 13, 2012 - 3:33 pm
ESPN insider: All signs are pointing to Arizona coaching change
Whisenhunt, who has guided the Cardinals to a 44-49 mark over just less than six seasons on the job, has a team that is currently mired in a nine-game losing streak and coming off a historically bad defeat Sunday in Seattle.
It is for those reasons why many fans want him fired, and ESPN NFL insider John Clayton told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf he thinks that's exactly what's going to happen at the end of the season.
"I think the fact that this is the longest losing streak since 1944 in franchise history, the team looks like it's totally decimated with nothing at the quarterback position," he said. "I think that the way things are going right now, all signs are pointing to a change."
Clayton noted that Whisenhunt would be entering the final year of his contract in 2013, which could force the team to act.
"But based on where it's trending right now for this team, I think it's going to be very difficult, if it continues like this, for him to be back next year."
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?