Updated Dec 13, 2012 - 3:02 pm
Larry Fitzgerald: 'I would love to see everybody come back'
Kolb has played in just 15 of a possible 29 games over the last two years -- with the latter number stretching to 32 at when this season concludes -- and some believe he may have thrown his last pass as a member of the team.
When asked about that, Kolb said he would like to remain a Cardinal for a while.
"My focus is being part of this team for a long time and being the best player that I can be and getting this place back to an elite level," he said. "I'm going to work my tail off to make sure I get there."
Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald may be yearning for Kolb to return more than anyone, as the wideout caught 32 passes for 367 yards and three touchdowns in the five games the former Eagle started compared to just 25 receptions for 285 yards and one score in games he has not.
When asked if he'd like for Kolb to come back next season, Fitzgerald said if he had a choice, no one would be shown the door.
"I love all my teammates and for every one of the 53 men here, I have a relationship with them, I would love to see everybody come back," Fitzgerald said Thursday. "But that's not my decision, that's for management to take care of."
The Cardinals are expected to make some significant changes in the offseason, though it remains to be seen what they will do. The search for a long-term answer at quarterback will continue, though, and if Kolb returns there is a good chance he'll do so with some hearty competition for the job.
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.