Updated Dec 13, 2012 - 1:27 pm
ESPN analyst: 'You better get your QB first and foremost'
The Cardinals lost to the Seahawks by a score of 58-0. They turned the ball over eight times and gained 154 yards of total offense.
"When you get games like this, they're literally impossible to explain," Jaworski said.
The Cardinals' quarterback situation plays a role, though, as both John Skelton and Ryan Lindley struggled to do anything positive in Arizona's ninth-straight loss.
"It seems to be a continuation of a problem that has existed for years," Jaworski said.
The analyst noted how this is the time of year when discussions turn to which coaches are on the hot seat and which are likely on their way out. However, he believes it's not so much about the guy calling the plays as the one executing them on the field.
Indeed, a top-flight quarterback can make a coach look good, just as struggles at the position could make a good coach look bad.
"If you don't have that guy, if you don't find that guy, if you don't make the total commitment to get that guy you have no chance for long-term success," Jaworski said. "You might get lucky every once in a while and have a good year, but long-term success depends on a consistent, rock-solid guy under center."
The Cardinals would seem to fit the bill, as they got "lucky" with Kurt Warner but have struggled to find a replacement since the former MVP retired in January 2010.
- Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston: Playing meaningful games 'is what it's all about'
- Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 12
- Stability at quarterback a huge catalyst for Arizona Cardinals' 2013 success
- Franz's 2013 NFL Power Poll - Week 15
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.