Updated Dec 10, 2012 - 4:23 pm
Cardinals claim QB Brian Hoyer on waivers
Hoyer, a fourth-year pro from Michigan State, was waived by the Pittsburgh Steelers last week. In his NFL career with New England and Pittsburgh, Hoyer has completed 27-of-43 passes for 286 yards with one touchdown and one interception. He's played in 13 NFL contests (only one in the last two seasons) and has not started a game in the league.
Hoyer started for more than two seasons at Michigan State, throwing for 6,159 yards and 35 touchdowns.
The Cardinals have had their quarterback issues this season with Kevin Kolb missing the last seven games with a rib injury. Veteran John Skelton and rookie sixth-round draft choice Ryan Lindley have struggled mightily in his absence. The duo has combined for two touchdown passes and 14 interceptions in that span.
To make room for Hoyer, center Rich Ohrnberger was placed on injured reserve. Ohrnberger suffered a knee injury in Sunday's loss to Seattle.
- The biggest story was Carson Palmer, and here's why
- The Pulse: Karlos Dansby should go to the Pro Bowl
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals - Dec. 19
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald back at practice, must pass one more test to play
- Arizona Cardinals safety Tony Jefferson 'fired up' about opportunity to play in must-win game
- Wolf's 5 Star Games - Friday December 20Wolf gives his top 5 NFL games for this weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 20Wolf gives factors in the Cardinals upcoming game in Seattle.
- Michael Bidwell, President AZ Cardinals - Friday December 20The AZ Cardinals President discusses the upcoming game in Seattle.
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL analyst - Friday December 20The Cardinals found a way to beat the Titans on Sunday.
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday December 19The challenge of playing in Seattle and how he is happy Coach Arians has his back.