Updated Dec 6, 2012 - 1:05 pm
ESPN analyst: Cardinals should bring Kolb back, but must find a QB
Acquired by the team prior to the 2011 season, he has struggled with consistency and injuries, and even lost the starting job coming into the 2012 season.
However, the 28-year-old played well in relief of an injured John Skelton, leading some to believe he still could be the team's answer at the quarterback position.
Others feel the team should part ways with the signal caller, as it would not be wise to rely on a player who can't seem to stay on the field.
"Yeah, sure you bring Kevin back," ESPN NFL analyst Ron Jaworski told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Thursday. "I think he's a seasoned guy that has value."
Kolb has played in 15 games for the Cardinals over two seasons -- with 14 starts -- throwing for 3,124 yards to go along with 17 touchdowns and 11 interceptions.
That may mean selecting one in the draft.
"Clearly, looking down the road the Cardinals can't get someone else's retread, someone else's discard," Jaworski said. "They've got to get a quarterback that they fall in love with, that they're going to coach up, and he's going to be their quarterback for the next decade."
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.