Cardinals' Dockett involved in incident with Kerry Rhodes
When asked about the matter on Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf, Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt would not divulge much information.
"We generally prefer to keep internal matters like that within the team and not discuss them publicly," he said. "I think we're going to continue to do that going forward."
Sources close to the situation say that Dockett reportedly spit in Rhodes' face late in the game as the Jets were nearing the Cardinals' goal line.
The same sources indicate that Dockett could be facing a one-game suspension without pay for his part in the incident.
Tuesday morning, Darren Urban of AZCardinals.com wrote a blog post including a quote from Rhodes who says Dockett didn't spit in his face, but there was an incident.
Rhodes was arguably the best defensive player in the game, collecting a pair of interceptions and a forced fumble to go along with six tackles.
The Cardinals lost the game to the New York Jets by a score of 7-6. It is Arizona's eighth-straight loss following four consecutive wins to begin the season.
- All-Access with Arians: Jobs still up for grabs, cuts will be difficult
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.
- House of Cards Camp Awards - Friday August 22Doug & Wolf announce the winners of the 2014 House of Cards Camp Awards.
- Max Starks, Cardinals offenisve lineman - Friday August 22Cardinals offensive lineman Max Starks is excited to be reunited with Bruce Arians.
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Friday August 22Michael Bidwill discusses preparing for the Super Bowl without the help of the City of Glendale.