Cardinals' Dockett involved in incident with Kerry Rhodes
When asked about the matter on Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf, Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt would not divulge much information.
"We generally prefer to keep internal matters like that within the team and not discuss them publicly," he said. "I think we're going to continue to do that going forward."
Sources close to the situation say that Dockett reportedly spit in Rhodes' face late in the game as the Jets were nearing the Cardinals' goal line.
The same sources indicate that Dockett could be facing a one-game suspension without pay for his part in the incident.
Tuesday morning, Darren Urban of AZCardinals.com wrote a blog post including a quote from Rhodes who says Dockett didn't spit in his face, but there was an incident.
Rhodes was arguably the best defensive player in the game, collecting a pair of interceptions and a forced fumble to go along with six tackles.
The Cardinals lost the game to the New York Jets by a score of 7-6. It is Arizona's eighth-straight loss following four consecutive wins to begin the season.
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals are 'completely different team' from last year
- Arizona Cardinals sign wide receiver/kick returner Reggie Dunn
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday July 25ESPN NFL Insider John Clayton talks about Marshawn Lynch’s impending holdout.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?