Updated Nov 30, 2012 - 3:52 pm
Kurt Warner sees frustration in Larry Fitzgerald
From 2007-2009, Fitzgerald caught 293 passes for 3,932 yards and 35 touchdowns.
He was dominant, gaining a reputation for being one of the league's best receivers.
Life has not been the same since Warner retired, though, with Fitzgerald's numbers slipping to the point where they are now: 11 games, 55 catches, 627 yards, four touchdowns.
Fitzgerald's struggles -- along with those of the Cardinals themselves -- have led to the Pro Bowler being visibly frustrated on the field, which is something his former quarterback has picked up on.
"I think any great player wants the ball in their hands as much as they possibly can," Warner told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Friday. "Yeah, I don't think there's any question Larry is used to having more success."
Warner, who is an analyst for the NFL Network, noted he thinks Fitzgerald cares more about winning than individual stats, so his mediocre start to the season was an afterthought when the Cardinals were 4-0.
"And then when you get into those stretches where you're not winning and you don't feel like you're able to really impact the game like you want to and like you can, that gets frustrating for any playmaker."
Fitzgerald and the Cardinals will look to both get back on track Sunday in New York against the Jets. It's the first time the teams have met since 2008, where the Cardinals lost 56-35.
Warner threw for 472 yards with two touchdowns and three interceptions on the day, while Fitzgerald caught eight passes for 122 yards.
- The biggest story was Carson Palmer, and here's why
- The Pulse: Karlos Dansby should go to the Pro Bowl
- Arizona Cardinals: 58-0 loss to Seahawks tough to forget
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals - Dec. 19
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald back at practice, must pass one more test to play
- Kurt Warner, former Cardinals QB - Friday December 20Kurt Warner talks about the improving Carson Palmer and the Cards' chances of making the playoffs.
- Wolf's 5 Star Games - Friday December 20Wolf gives his top 5 NFL games for this weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 20Wolf gives factors in the Cardinals upcoming game in Seattle.
- Michael Bidwell, President AZ Cardinals - Friday December 20The AZ Cardinals President discusses the upcoming game in Seattle.
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL analyst - Friday December 20The Cardinals found a way to beat the Titans on Sunday.