Updated Nov 26, 2012 - 2:47 pm
Cardinals C Lyle Sendlein out for season with knee injury
The injury happened in the first quarter of Sunday's 31-17 loss to the St. Louis Rams.
Cardinals confirm C Lyle Sendlein to miss rest of season w torn MCL in L knee; had started 80 straight since taking over spot in ‘08— MarkDalton (@CardsMarkD) November 26, 2012
Sendlein, in his sixth season with the Cardinals, has started the last 80 games for Arizona, a streak that began in 2008. He's been a stalwart in the middle of a line that has seen constant change around him.
According to AZCardinals.com, veteran Rich Ohrnberger is the team's backup center.
Sendlein is the third starting offensive lineman to go down with an injury this season. Tackles Levi Brown and Jeremy Bridges were injured in the preseason.
- Cardinals vs. Chargers preview: Final chance to make an impression
- Arizona Cardinals sign DT Tommy Kelly
- Report: Arizona Cardinals bring James Harrison in for a visit
- Arizona Cardinals RB Zach Bauman excited for 'opportunity to show what I can do' Thursday vs. Chargers
- Confident Chandler Catanzaro looks to prove himself as Arizona Cardinals kicker
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Monday August 25Bruce Arians says Jay Feely was let go early on so he can catch on with another team.