Cards' Whiz: This is about winning
November 26, 2012: Cardinals head coach understands fans' frustration
Fifty-seven days have passed since the Cardinals last won a ballgame.
"I am pretty much lost for words now after seven weeks of saying the same thing."
That was Larry Fitzgerald Sunday.
Monday, head coach Ken Whisenhunt acknowledged the mounting frustration, especially coming from outside the locker-room.
"Well, listen, we are disappointed," he said, "and I understand the fans' frustration and disappointment. We've set the bar high by having had the success that we have had, and we aren't living up to that right now."
This is the Cardinals' second seven-game losing streak in three seasons -- sandwiched around a six-game losing streak in 2011.
The team is three years removed from its last playoff appearance and four years removed from the Super Bowl run in 2008.
"It's part of the job," Whisenhunt said after being asked about his own job security for a second straight day. "There's a lot of speculation about everything and I think you have to have thick skin."
Whisenhunt is 14-24 over his last 38 games.
A lot of the team's recent struggles can be directly attributed to the revolving door at quarterback. The Cardinals have played at least three quarterbacks in each of the past three seasons.
"I think that whenever you have change at any position there's always something that you lose, and we have had a lot of turnover," Whisenhunt said. "We have had a lot of injuries this year and that's affected us, but nobody cares. They expect you to have success. Our opponents don't care. I'll give our fans credit. They do. They have been very supportive, at least the ones in my interaction with them, but this is about winning. If you don't win games, it's tough."
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.