Updated Nov 26, 2012 - 8:15 am
Fitzgerald still believes in Cardinals' process
Wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald said they are doing things the right way and doesn't question the process that leads up to Sundays.
"We're a playoff team a couple years back and there's nothing different about the preparation. His (Whisenhunt's) tempo is good, it's crisp, guys are attentive and the assignments are being executed so I don't think it has anything to do with our preparation."
This loss was especially troubling with rookie quarterback Ryan Lindley throwing four interceptions in his first NFL start, two of which were returned for touchdowns and the Cardinals not scoring a single point in the second half.
"There's a disconnect when we get out there on the field Sunday," said Fitzgerald. "I feel like we just take turns making mistakes offensively and offensively everybody has to be on the same page."
Speaking of that "disconnect," according to ESPN Stats and Information, Lindley was 0-for-6 with two interceptions when targeting Fitzgerald at least 15 yards downfield Sunday. All six of the incompletions resulted from off-target passes.
Head coach Ken Whisenhunt tells the media weekly that he and the team believe in their process and their preparation and they will not change the way they do things leading up to gameday.
Fitz reiterated that again Sunday after the game before leaving the locker room. "We have to find a way to take what we're doing Monday through Saturday to Sunday and if we're able to do that, we'll have some success," he said.
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!