Updated Nov 26, 2012 - 8:15 am
Fitzgerald still believes in Cardinals' process
Wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald said they are doing things the right way and doesn't question the process that leads up to Sundays.
"We're a playoff team a couple years back and there's nothing different about the preparation. His (Whisenhunt's) tempo is good, it's crisp, guys are attentive and the assignments are being executed so I don't think it has anything to do with our preparation."
This loss was especially troubling with rookie quarterback Ryan Lindley throwing four interceptions in his first NFL start, two of which were returned for touchdowns and the Cardinals not scoring a single point in the second half.
"There's a disconnect when we get out there on the field Sunday," said Fitzgerald. "I feel like we just take turns making mistakes offensively and offensively everybody has to be on the same page."
Speaking of that "disconnect," according to ESPN Stats and Information, Lindley was 0-for-6 with two interceptions when targeting Fitzgerald at least 15 yards downfield Sunday. All six of the incompletions resulted from off-target passes.
Head coach Ken Whisenhunt tells the media weekly that he and the team believe in their process and their preparation and they will not change the way they do things leading up to gameday.
Fitz reiterated that again Sunday after the game before leaving the locker room. "We have to find a way to take what we're doing Monday through Saturday to Sunday and if we're able to do that, we'll have some success," he said.
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 1, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham releases statement on June DUI arrest
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Kareem Martin, Arizona Cardinals defensive end - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ defensive end Kareem Martin speaks on his first NFL training camp experience.
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?