Updated Nov 25, 2012 - 5:32 pm
Bird Bits: Cardinals embarrassed by Rams
Rookie quarterback Ryan Lindley made his first professional start and it didn't go well. The sixth-round pick threw four interceptions, two of which were returned for touchdowns by St. Louis rookie cornerback Janoris Jenkins.
Beanie Wells returned to the gridiron after a prolonged absence with a turf toe injury and played well. The fourth-year pro ran for 48 yards on 17 carries and scored two touchdowns -- his first two scores of the season.
Lindley's second half performance left a lot to be desired. To his defense, the Rams brought a lot more pressure with blitz schemes, and they seemed to confuse the rookie.
Even with the quarterback change, the Cardinals failed to get the ball into the hands of Larry Fitzgerald. Fitz had just three catches for 31 yards and has just four receptions in the last two games.
• Jenkins became the first Ram in history to have two interception returns for touchdowns in the same game. As a franchise, they've played 1,030 games.
• The Rams hadn't forced a turnover in their previous five games, but picked off four passes against the Cardinals.
• St. Louis' 31 points tied their season-high. They also had 31 in a Week 2 win over the Washington Redskins.
• The Rams picked up their first road win of the season, snapping a seven-game road losing streak.
Coming Up Next:
The Cardinals hit the road to take on the New York Jets at Met Life Stadium in New Jersey next Sunday.
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.