Updated Nov 25, 2012 - 5:32 pm
Bird Bits: Cardinals embarrassed by Rams
Rookie quarterback Ryan Lindley made his first professional start and it didn't go well. The sixth-round pick threw four interceptions, two of which were returned for touchdowns by St. Louis rookie cornerback Janoris Jenkins.
Beanie Wells returned to the gridiron after a prolonged absence with a turf toe injury and played well. The fourth-year pro ran for 48 yards on 17 carries and scored two touchdowns -- his first two scores of the season.
Lindley's second half performance left a lot to be desired. To his defense, the Rams brought a lot more pressure with blitz schemes, and they seemed to confuse the rookie.
Even with the quarterback change, the Cardinals failed to get the ball into the hands of Larry Fitzgerald. Fitz had just three catches for 31 yards and has just four receptions in the last two games.
• Jenkins became the first Ram in history to have two interception returns for touchdowns in the same game. As a franchise, they've played 1,030 games.
• The Rams hadn't forced a turnover in their previous five games, but picked off four passes against the Cardinals.
• St. Louis' 31 points tied their season-high. They also had 31 in a Week 2 win over the Washington Redskins.
• The Rams picked up their first road win of the season, snapping a seven-game road losing streak.
Coming Up Next:
The Cardinals hit the road to take on the New York Jets at Met Life Stadium in New Jersey next Sunday.
- The Pulse: Cardinals fans most excited to see division rivals
- A disappointed Darnell Dockett: Karlos Dansby 'chased the money'
- Arizona Cardinals 'bought right in' to offseason strength and conditioning program
- Arizona Cardinals' Dockett: 'Anything less than the playoffs is a failure'
- Thoughts on the 2014 Arizona Cardinals schedule
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinals’ draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.