Updated Nov 21, 2012 - 1:51 pm
Ryan Lindley to start Sunday for Arizona Cardinals against St. Louis Rams
Coach Ken Whisenhunt announced after practice Wednesday that Ryan Lindley will start for Arizona against St. Louis Sunday.
Lindley, who saw his first game action last week against the Falcons, completed 9-of-20 passes for 64 yards in Arizona's loss in relief of John Skelton.
The decision comes as little surprise, as with Kevin Kolb still injured and Skelton ineffective, it makes sense that the coach would want to see what his sixth-round pick has to offer.
Interestingly enough, there were some who thought this was going to happen as early as training camp. Sports Illustrated's Peter King had suggested Lindley would have a shot to play by midseason, and ESPN's Ron Jaworski said back in May he believed the rookie would be a starting QB in the NFL in four years.
Looks like Lindley, who finished his collegiate career throwing for 12,690 yards with 90 touchdown passes and 47 interceptions, is a bit ahead of schedule.
- Thoughts on the 2014 Arizona Cardinals schedule
- Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on schedule: NFL 'gave us a lot of respect'
- Arizona Cardinals' 2014 schedule released
- Arizona Cardinals to host Big Red Rib & Music Festival
- Arizona Cardinals' Daryl Washington now has a two-strike count on him
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.