Updated Nov 21, 2012 - 12:36 pm
ESPN analyst could see Cardinals making a coaching change
Last season they dropped six straight.
This season? The losing skid is at six and counting.
Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt's tenure in the desert started well enough, as his team won eight, nine and 10 games in his first three seasons. Arizona won the NFC West twice during that stretch and even reached the Super Bowl.
But things have gone south since Kurt Warner retired, as the offense is unable to play well enough to support a playoff-caliber defense. And given the fact that Whisenhunt is an offensive coach, one wonders how safe his job will be barring a strong finish to the 2012 season.
"In the National Football League, quite simply, you like guys, you don't like guys, whatever you feel towards a guy is irrelevant," ESPN NFL analyst Ron Jaworski told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo, "you have to win.
Jaworski said he could see the Cardinals making a change if things don't improve this season, though he would not advocate the team doing so out of respect for the men who play and coach in the NFL.
"Everyone understands the bottom line is you have to win," he said. "It's a demanding profession, and the bottom line is you've got to get it done.
"And if you don't, there's a lot of guys waiting to take that seat."
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham releases statement on June DUI arrest
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Arizona Cardinals sign rookie free agent LB Derrell Johnson
- Kareem Martin, Arizona Cardinals defensive end - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ defensive end Kareem Martin speaks on his first NFL training camp experience.
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?