Updated Nov 21, 2012 - 10:35 am
Jeff Fisher, Rams prepare for Arizona Cardinals
This is what St. Louis Rams head coach Jeff Fisher is dealing with when it comes to the Arizona Cardinals quarterback situation.
It has not been decided if John Skelton or rookie Ryan Lindley will be the starter for this Sunday's game when the Rams and Cards meet for the second time this season.
In Arizona's 23-19 loss to the Atlanta Falcons last Sunday, Skelton completed 2-of-7 throws for six yards with no touchdowns or turnovers. Lindley followed that up going 9-of-20 for 64 yards, no touchdowns and a lost fumble.
The former Titans head coach discussed how he would deal with not knowing who the opposing quarterback would be.
"We have to prepare for their offense," said Fisher. "We have to look at the first game and what their approach was and be prepared to adjust."
The Rams earned a 17-3 victory the first time these two teams met in a Week 5 Thursday night contest. In that game, the Cardinals threw 50 passes to only 17 rushing attempts despite it being a seven-point game going into the fourth quarter.
With running back LaRod Stephens-Howling showing progress, the return of Beanie Wells and the flux at the QB position, it's fair to say the Rams will see a more balanced attack come Sunday.
- Bradley Sowell, offensive line bounce back for Arizona Cardinals
- What a difference a year makes for Steve Keim, Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker John Abraham's three-sack day puts him in historic company
- Larry Fitzgerald's big day leads Arizona Cardinals to win over St. Louis Rams
- Karlos Dansby continues happy homecoming with Arizona Cardinals
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?