Updated Nov 18, 2012 - 12:16 pm
John Skelton benched in second quarter vs. Falcons
Midway through the second quarter of Arizona's game against the Falcons, the former fifth-round pick out of Fordham was replaced in favor of rookie quarterback Ryan Lindley.
Despite three first quarter interceptions by the Cardinals defense, Skelton began the game just 2-for-7 for six yards.
Skelton began the season as the team's starter before suffering a right ankle injury in the team's 20-16 win over the Seattle Seahawks. After Kevin Kolb sustained a rib injury in the fourth quarter of Arizona's Week 6 loss to the Buffalo Bills, Skelton once again took over the starting duties.
In his last three starts, Skelton is 0-3.
Lindley, who was selected in the sixth round by the Cardinals in last April's draft, came into Sunday's game with no career pass attempts.
- Phoenix Coyotes CEO: Dave Tippett 'a scientist when it comes to the sport'
- Pulling off upset in Seattle a long shot for developing Cardinals
- Week 16 Injury Report: Cardinals at Seahawks
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals - Dec. 18
- MMQB: Cardinals' Todd Bowles considered among top minority head coaching candidates
- Michael Floyd joins Burns & Gambo - Tuesday December 17Cardinal Wide Receiver Michael Floyd joins Burns & Gambo.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday December 17A love/hate relationship with NFL kickers
- Impromtu Power Poll - Tuesday December 17NFL coaches in the hot seat.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday December 16Arians discusses the team's dramatic, overtime victory in Tennessee.
- Paul's Call - Monday December 16It’s Paul’s Call with Paul Calvisi!