Updated Nov 18, 2012 - 12:16 pm
John Skelton benched in second quarter vs. Falcons
Midway through the second quarter of Arizona's game against the Falcons, the former fifth-round pick out of Fordham was replaced in favor of rookie quarterback Ryan Lindley.
Despite three first quarter interceptions by the Cardinals defense, Skelton began the game just 2-for-7 for six yards.
Skelton began the season as the team's starter before suffering a right ankle injury in the team's 20-16 win over the Seattle Seahawks. After Kevin Kolb sustained a rib injury in the fourth quarter of Arizona's Week 6 loss to the Buffalo Bills, Skelton once again took over the starting duties.
In his last three starts, Skelton is 0-3.
Lindley, who was selected in the sixth round by the Cardinals in last April's draft, came into Sunday's game with no career pass attempts.
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 1, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham releases statement on June DUI arrest
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Kareem Martin, Arizona Cardinals defensive end - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ defensive end Kareem Martin speaks on his first NFL training camp experience.
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?