Updated Nov 16, 2012 - 4:04 pm
Cards NT Carter getting opportunity at DE
With Calais Campbell expected to be out Sunday's game against the Atlanta Falcons, Carter seems confident he can fill the void.
"Moving outside to the defensive end position from nose tackle, it was a little harder for me than I thought it was going to be," Carter said. "But, I finally came around and got it and now I am doing pretty good."
Carter said he hadn't played defensive end since his freshman year at UCLA.
"I am used to making plays at nose tackle, then I got moved out to end and I wasn't making as many plays as I am used to making," Carter said. "So I had to figure it out, now I am making plays again."
Though he claims nose tackle is still "his heart," The former Bruin is starting to fall in love with his new position too.
"I'm doing pretty good at defensive end," Carter said. "I like them both now. I didn't like defensive end at first, I'm not gonna lie. I hated it, but now I like it a lot."
- Arizona Cardinals' OC: Rashard Mendenhall 'back to what I remember' from Pittsburgh
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 5
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely feels a responsibility to help others
- Arizona Cardinals' O-line faces familiar challenge in St. Louis Rams' Robert Quinn
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.