Updated Nov 16, 2012 - 10:45 am
Nate Potter: 'Every NFL game is a learning experience'
The move shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone, as Potter came in early against Green Bay and held his own against Clay Matthews and the Packers' formidable pass rush.
Entering the Cardinals' lineup during a five-game losing streak, the former All-American out of Boise State will look to cement himself at the starting spot but knows he just has to concentrate on the task at hand.
"I'm just focused on doing my job. As an O-lineman you kind of want to be out of the spotlight," Potter told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf. "You don't want your name to be called because it's probably for a bad reason. So, my focus is on preparing for the game and trying to do what I got to do."
Potter went on to say he's taken advantage of the veterans surrounding him at practice to help get past the mental barriers that come with an NFL game.
"I learned I've still got a long ways to go," said Potter. "I learned about the importance of mental preparation and how that plays into the game. But, this is the NFL so every game is going to be a learning experience with new schemes, new people. So you've got to be ready for anything."
With the responsibility of facing a premiere pass rusher every week, Potter stressed the mental preparation that comes with being a left tackle is just as important as being physically ready.
"It's a huge side of football. It's a football intelligence part and it's all the things that go into it before the snap," said Potter. "I've still got to focus on that, got to be ready for that and make sure by game time, I eliminate those mental errors."
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up