Updated Nov 12, 2012 - 1:16 pm
Washington hopes to make it two losses for Falcons
The Falcons (8-1) are coming off their first loss of the season, a disappointing 31-27 performance against the New Orleans Saints.
The poor showing by Atlanta makes a Cardinal victory appear possible. Linebacker Daryl Washington is hopeful that his team can make the Falcons' loss more than a one-time thing.
"Hopefully it can be two consecutive losses," Washington said. "Hopefully we can go up there and get a win. It is going to be a crazy and hostile environment."
Even though the Cardinals have just one win on the road this season, it came in a nail biter against the New England Patriots.
"We can win (on the east coast). Every game is important, every game you can win it or lose it," Washington said. "What we want to do right now is just get one win, take it one win at a time."
The Cardinals have not won in Atlanta since 1993 and were thoroughly embarrassed by the Falcons during their last visit in 2008, a 41-7 blowout.
In order to get that win, Washington feels the defense needs to stay true to themselves and execute.
"We have to just stay sound in what we are doing with are technique and making plays we know we can make," Washington said. "That is all you can do as a defense. Go out there and play as hard as you can, use your technique and play discipline football."
- Arizona Cardinals don't want to be NFC West's 'stepchild' any longer
- Arizona Cardinals will have Andre Ellington back on the field vs. Rams
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 6
- A different kind of measuring stick awaits Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals' coach expects 'questionable' Carson Palmer to play Sunday vs. St. Louis Rams
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?