Updated Oct 14, 2012 - 5:00 pm
Bird Bits: Bills knock off Cardinals in OT
The running game, bolstered by the emergence of William Powell and the scrambling of Kevin Kolb, had a season-high 182 yards on the ground. Powell ran for 70 yards on 13 carries while Kolb amassed 66 yards on 5 carries.
Jay Feely set a franchise record by nailing a 61-yard field goal to tie the game with 1:09 remaining in regulation.
The Arizona offense failed to take advantage of a Buffalo defense that had allowed over 1,200 yards in their last two games -- consecutive losses to New England and San Francisco. Although the Cardinals had a season-high 332 yards of offense, they missed several opportunities.
The sacks continued. Buffalo came into the game as one of the weakest pass-rushing squads in the league, but left Glendale having sacked Cardinal quarterbacks 5 times. That makes 22 sacks in the last three games for Arizona.
Jay Feely, after making his 61-yarder, missed a 38-yarder that would have won the game in regulation. But Feely hooked it left and it clanged off the upright, sending the game to overtime where Buffalo eventually won.
Kolb left the game in the fourth quarter with a rib injury and didn't return.
• The Cardinals' home winning streak was snapped at eight consecutive games.
• Sunday's game was the sixth overtime affair in the last ten games at University of Phoenix Stadium. The Cardinals are now 5-1 in those games.
• Larry Fitzgerald became the 37th player in league history to surpass 10,000 career receiving yards.
• The Cardinals are now 2-5 all-time when wearing their black jerseys at home.
He said it:
"We've got to work and clean this thing up. Good teams will rebound from disappointment and that's what we have to do." -- Arizona head coach Ken Whisenhunt
Coming Up Next:
The Cardinals hit the road and take on the Minnesota Vikings at Mall of America Field at the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome next Sunday. Kickoff is at 10:00 a.m. Phoenix time.
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.