Updated Oct 14, 2012 - 5:00 pm
Bird Bits: Bills knock off Cardinals in OT
The running game, bolstered by the emergence of William Powell and the scrambling of Kevin Kolb, had a season-high 182 yards on the ground. Powell ran for 70 yards on 13 carries while Kolb amassed 66 yards on 5 carries.
Jay Feely set a franchise record by nailing a 61-yard field goal to tie the game with 1:09 remaining in regulation.
The Arizona offense failed to take advantage of a Buffalo defense that had allowed over 1,200 yards in their last two games -- consecutive losses to New England and San Francisco. Although the Cardinals had a season-high 332 yards of offense, they missed several opportunities.
The sacks continued. Buffalo came into the game as one of the weakest pass-rushing squads in the league, but left Glendale having sacked Cardinal quarterbacks 5 times. That makes 22 sacks in the last three games for Arizona.
Jay Feely, after making his 61-yarder, missed a 38-yarder that would have won the game in regulation. But Feely hooked it left and it clanged off the upright, sending the game to overtime where Buffalo eventually won.
Kolb left the game in the fourth quarter with a rib injury and didn't return.
• The Cardinals' home winning streak was snapped at eight consecutive games.
• Sunday's game was the sixth overtime affair in the last ten games at University of Phoenix Stadium. The Cardinals are now 5-1 in those games.
• Larry Fitzgerald became the 37th player in league history to surpass 10,000 career receiving yards.
• The Cardinals are now 2-5 all-time when wearing their black jerseys at home.
He said it:
"We've got to work and clean this thing up. Good teams will rebound from disappointment and that's what we have to do." -- Arizona head coach Ken Whisenhunt
Coming Up Next:
The Cardinals hit the road and take on the Minnesota Vikings at Mall of America Field at the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome next Sunday. Kickoff is at 10:00 a.m. Phoenix time.
- Numbers say Jared Veldheer is a big pickup for the Arizona Cardinals
- Team broadcaster 'mystified' that Raiders let Jared Veldheer go to Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals benefit from the Carson Palmer effect
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Arizona Cardinals agree to terms with Oakland Raiders LT Jared Veldheer
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.