Updated Oct 14, 2012 - 5:00 pm
Bird Bits: Bills knock off Cardinals in OT
The running game, bolstered by the emergence of William Powell and the scrambling of Kevin Kolb, had a season-high 182 yards on the ground. Powell ran for 70 yards on 13 carries while Kolb amassed 66 yards on 5 carries.
Jay Feely set a franchise record by nailing a 61-yard field goal to tie the game with 1:09 remaining in regulation.
The Arizona offense failed to take advantage of a Buffalo defense that had allowed over 1,200 yards in their last two games -- consecutive losses to New England and San Francisco. Although the Cardinals had a season-high 332 yards of offense, they missed several opportunities.
The sacks continued. Buffalo came into the game as one of the weakest pass-rushing squads in the league, but left Glendale having sacked Cardinal quarterbacks 5 times. That makes 22 sacks in the last three games for Arizona.
Jay Feely, after making his 61-yarder, missed a 38-yarder that would have won the game in regulation. But Feely hooked it left and it clanged off the upright, sending the game to overtime where Buffalo eventually won.
Kolb left the game in the fourth quarter with a rib injury and didn't return.
• The Cardinals' home winning streak was snapped at eight consecutive games.
• Sunday's game was the sixth overtime affair in the last ten games at University of Phoenix Stadium. The Cardinals are now 5-1 in those games.
• Larry Fitzgerald became the 37th player in league history to surpass 10,000 career receiving yards.
• The Cardinals are now 2-5 all-time when wearing their black jerseys at home.
He said it:
"We've got to work and clean this thing up. Good teams will rebound from disappointment and that's what we have to do." -- Arizona head coach Ken Whisenhunt
Coming Up Next:
The Cardinals hit the road and take on the Minnesota Vikings at Mall of America Field at the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome next Sunday. Kickoff is at 10:00 a.m. Phoenix time.
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year honor
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Tight ends torching Arizona Cardinals' defense, but it's not as bad as you think
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 2A look at what unfolded between the Cardinals and Eagles in Philadelphia.