Updated Oct 14, 2012 - 5:00 pm
Bird Bits: Bills knock off Cardinals in OT
The running game, bolstered by the emergence of William Powell and the scrambling of Kevin Kolb, had a season-high 182 yards on the ground. Powell ran for 70 yards on 13 carries while Kolb amassed 66 yards on 5 carries.
Jay Feely set a franchise record by nailing a 61-yard field goal to tie the game with 1:09 remaining in regulation.
The Arizona offense failed to take advantage of a Buffalo defense that had allowed over 1,200 yards in their last two games -- consecutive losses to New England and San Francisco. Although the Cardinals had a season-high 332 yards of offense, they missed several opportunities.
The sacks continued. Buffalo came into the game as one of the weakest pass-rushing squads in the league, but left Glendale having sacked Cardinal quarterbacks 5 times. That makes 22 sacks in the last three games for Arizona.
Jay Feely, after making his 61-yarder, missed a 38-yarder that would have won the game in regulation. But Feely hooked it left and it clanged off the upright, sending the game to overtime where Buffalo eventually won.
Kolb left the game in the fourth quarter with a rib injury and didn't return.
• The Cardinals' home winning streak was snapped at eight consecutive games.
• Sunday's game was the sixth overtime affair in the last ten games at University of Phoenix Stadium. The Cardinals are now 5-1 in those games.
• Larry Fitzgerald became the 37th player in league history to surpass 10,000 career receiving yards.
• The Cardinals are now 2-5 all-time when wearing their black jerseys at home.
He said it:
"We've got to work and clean this thing up. Good teams will rebound from disappointment and that's what we have to do." -- Arizona head coach Ken Whisenhunt
Coming Up Next:
The Cardinals hit the road and take on the Minnesota Vikings at Mall of America Field at the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome next Sunday. Kickoff is at 10:00 a.m. Phoenix time.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.