Updated Sep 28, 2012 - 3:56 pm
Horton on defense: 'We are not there yet'
"For me it's an incomplete, meaning we have a lot of things on the table," Horton said. "We are striving to be as good as we can be, and we are not there yet."
The Cardinals' defense is trying to stay humble despite such a great start. However, it is hard to not be optimistic about the way they have preformed so far.
"It is satisfying seeing what we can be potentially. They are working hard," Horton said. "They do have a grasp of the defense we are putting a lot of stuff in."
The Cardinals will have a tough test Sunday when they will be asked to slow down the Miami Dolphins' fourth-ranked rushing offense.
The Dolphins have a very talented trio of running backs featuring Reggie Bush, Lamar Miller and Daniel Thomas.
Though Bush is questionable for Sunday, stopping this talented backfield will be a challenge for Arizona's front seven.
"Either we are going to get better, or they are going to continue to get better on their side of the ball," Horton said.
The Cardinals will also have to worry about rookie quarterback Ryan Tannehill. Horton said that he was been impressed with what he has seen from the young gunslinger.
"He makes the right throws, he is mobile, he appears to be smart, and it's not too big for him," Horton said. "He does exactly what they want him to do, gives them a chance to win the game."
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 1, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham releases statement on June DUI arrest
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Kareem Martin, Arizona Cardinals defensive end - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ defensive end Kareem Martin speaks on his first NFL training camp experience.
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?