Updated Sep 28, 2012 - 3:56 pm
Horton on defense: 'We are not there yet'
"For me it's an incomplete, meaning we have a lot of things on the table," Horton said. "We are striving to be as good as we can be, and we are not there yet."
The Cardinals' defense is trying to stay humble despite such a great start. However, it is hard to not be optimistic about the way they have preformed so far.
"It is satisfying seeing what we can be potentially. They are working hard," Horton said. "They do have a grasp of the defense we are putting a lot of stuff in."
The Cardinals will have a tough test Sunday when they will be asked to slow down the Miami Dolphins' fourth-ranked rushing offense.
The Dolphins have a very talented trio of running backs featuring Reggie Bush, Lamar Miller and Daniel Thomas.
Though Bush is questionable for Sunday, stopping this talented backfield will be a challenge for Arizona's front seven.
"Either we are going to get better, or they are going to continue to get better on their side of the ball," Horton said.
The Cardinals will also have to worry about rookie quarterback Ryan Tannehill. Horton said that he was been impressed with what he has seen from the young gunslinger.
"He makes the right throws, he is mobile, he appears to be smart, and it's not too big for him," Horton said. "He does exactly what they want him to do, gives them a chance to win the game."
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.