Updated Sep 28, 2012 - 3:56 pm
Horton on defense: 'We are not there yet'
"For me it's an incomplete, meaning we have a lot of things on the table," Horton said. "We are striving to be as good as we can be, and we are not there yet."
The Cardinals' defense is trying to stay humble despite such a great start. However, it is hard to not be optimistic about the way they have preformed so far.
"It is satisfying seeing what we can be potentially. They are working hard," Horton said. "They do have a grasp of the defense we are putting a lot of stuff in."
The Cardinals will have a tough test Sunday when they will be asked to slow down the Miami Dolphins' fourth-ranked rushing offense.
The Dolphins have a very talented trio of running backs featuring Reggie Bush, Lamar Miller and Daniel Thomas.
Though Bush is questionable for Sunday, stopping this talented backfield will be a challenge for Arizona's front seven.
"Either we are going to get better, or they are going to continue to get better on their side of the ball," Horton said.
The Cardinals will also have to worry about rookie quarterback Ryan Tannehill. Horton said that he was been impressed with what he has seen from the young gunslinger.
"He makes the right throws, he is mobile, he appears to be smart, and it's not too big for him," Horton said. "He does exactly what they want him to do, gives them a chance to win the game."
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.