||ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Skelton has emerged as the favorite in the QB race.
|#2|| Kevin Kolb
||It's never a good thing when former Vikings great Cris Carter professes disappointment in you.
Kolb: 2-for-9 for 25 yards, 0 TD, 1 int QB Rating: 11.11
Skelton: 7-of-12 for 67 yards, 0 TD, 1 int QB Rating: 39.24
They said it
"I just know that as far as favorites and longshots, really I've never thought of it in those terms. I think we just, we've always been true to what we've said and we're going to stick to the process. Kevin's going to start this week like we said, and we'll let it play itself out." -- Coach Whisenhunt on rumors of Skelton leading the race
Two years ago Adam Schefter was first in reporting that Matt Leinart's days as a Cardinal were numbered, so it's fair to give credence to his latest report, too.
That said, just because Skelton may be the "favorite" for the job does not mean it is his -- yet. Kolb will get the start Friday against the Raiders and while it may be his last chance to prove himself to the coaches, he will have the chance.
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Locking up Patrick Peterson was a great move by the Cardinals
- Kenny Demens making plays while looking to make Arizona Cardinals roster
- Arizona Cardinals Patrick Peterson ‘earned' right to be highest-paid CB
- CBS Sports' Pete Prisco: Arizona Cardinals raving about how fast John Brown has picked things up
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.