Updated Mar 16, 2012 - 11:11 am
Report: 49ers suddenly in Manning chase
As the Arizona Cardinals' chances to land Peyton Manning diminish by the minute, another team has jumped into the mix for the free agent quarterback's services, according to Chris Mortensen of ESPN.
Filed to ESPN: Third team in Manning race that has emerged is49ers - Manning worked out for Harbaugh &took physical this week #NFL32— Chris Mortensen (@mortreport) March 16, 2012
The 49ers were initially listed as a potential suitor for Manning's services, but were eliminated by most analysts "in the know". The group of teams considered serious contenders was seemingly whittled to three Thursday when the Miami Dolphins stopped their pursuit, leaving the Cardinals, Denver Broncos and Tennessee Titans as possibilities.
Of course, Manning to San Francisco would ensure that Cardinals' fans would get to see #18 at University of Phoenix Stadium, only wearing enemy colors.
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.