Updated Mar 16, 2012 - 11:11 am
Report: 49ers suddenly in Manning chase
As the Arizona Cardinals' chances to land Peyton Manning diminish by the minute, another team has jumped into the mix for the free agent quarterback's services, according to Chris Mortensen of ESPN.
Filed to ESPN: Third team in Manning race that has emerged is49ers - Manning worked out for Harbaugh &took physical this week #NFL32— Chris Mortensen (@mortreport) March 16, 2012
The 49ers were initially listed as a potential suitor for Manning's services, but were eliminated by most analysts "in the know". The group of teams considered serious contenders was seemingly whittled to three Thursday when the Miami Dolphins stopped their pursuit, leaving the Cardinals, Denver Broncos and Tennessee Titans as possibilities.
Of course, Manning to San Francisco would ensure that Cardinals' fans would get to see #18 at University of Phoenix Stadium, only wearing enemy colors.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.