Updated Mar 16, 2012 - 11:11 am
Report: 49ers suddenly in Manning chase
As the Arizona Cardinals' chances to land Peyton Manning diminish by the minute, another team has jumped into the mix for the free agent quarterback's services, according to Chris Mortensen of ESPN.
Filed to ESPN: Third team in Manning race that has emerged is49ers - Manning worked out for Harbaugh &took physical this week #NFL32— Chris Mortensen (@mortreport) March 16, 2012
The 49ers were initially listed as a potential suitor for Manning's services, but were eliminated by most analysts "in the know". The group of teams considered serious contenders was seemingly whittled to three Thursday when the Miami Dolphins stopped their pursuit, leaving the Cardinals, Denver Broncos and Tennessee Titans as possibilities.
Of course, Manning to San Francisco would ensure that Cardinals' fans would get to see #18 at University of Phoenix Stadium, only wearing enemy colors.
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?