Updated Mar 16, 2012 - 11:11 am
Report: 49ers suddenly in Manning chase
As the Arizona Cardinals' chances to land Peyton Manning diminish by the minute, another team has jumped into the mix for the free agent quarterback's services, according to Chris Mortensen of ESPN.
Filed to ESPN: Third team in Manning race that has emerged is49ers - Manning worked out for Harbaugh &took physical this week #NFL32— Chris Mortensen (@mortreport) March 16, 2012
The 49ers were initially listed as a potential suitor for Manning's services, but were eliminated by most analysts "in the know". The group of teams considered serious contenders was seemingly whittled to three Thursday when the Miami Dolphins stopped their pursuit, leaving the Cardinals, Denver Broncos and Tennessee Titans as possibilities.
Of course, Manning to San Francisco would ensure that Cardinals' fans would get to see #18 at University of Phoenix Stadium, only wearing enemy colors.
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.